Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Gowns from Marilyn Bridal
Gowns may be purchased as either:
Made-to-measure: a new or existing design is sketched for you and alterations to fit the gown are included in the price. Additions such as sashes and desired embellishments cost extra.
Off-the-rack: the gown is offered for sale in its current condition. Any alterations or additions to the gown are extra.
Payment for your gown may be made in instalments. 50% deposit of the gown price is required to secure your order. The balance must be fully paid by the final fitting of the dress. No gowns can leave the store until full and final payment has been made. Only EFTPOS or cash payment are accepted for payment. Payment of deposit means you accept these terms and conditions. Gown orders will only commence production after initial deposit has been accepted.
Customers are required to pay a 50% NON REFUNDABLE deposit on the date of ordering all bridal gowns, bridesmaid gowns, ball gowns, first communion dresses, mothers dresses.
As soon as your 50% deposit is paid, we place orders for materials or begin the production process. We are obliged by our suppliers and contractors to honour those orders. For this reason, your deposit is forfeited if you decide to cancel your order at any time.
In the case of off the rack sales, the deposit is also forfeited as we have either cleaned your gown or have removed it from purchase, therefore losing a potential sale. Administrative work is also incurred and is covered by the deposit.
All endeavours will be made to provide documentation of orders and confirmation promptly.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
Customers who cancel their order are NOT entitled to a refund of ANY monies already paid upto and including the cancellation date.
Please note that once gowns are ordered minimum cancellation periods from suppliers apply to Marilyn Bridal and under NO circumstances can this be changed.
Gown orders will still have to be paid in FULL, if the wedding is cancelled for whatever reason, as costs will still be incurred to the suppliers and to Marilyn Bridal – regardless of ANY circumstance.
Please note that if you place your order within 2 months of your wedding date, you may incur a rush surcharge .
- The price of the garment EXCLUDES all cost in respect of alterations or fitting work. Howsoever this service is provided instore.
- It is essential that customers bring their wedding shoes and any undergarment being worn on the wedding/ prom day to their fitting appointment.
- Fittings and alterations works may be carried out elsewhere if required and customers are not obliged to use the services provided by Marilyn Bridal.
- Customers are asked to settle any balances due by the date of the gown arriving in store before any alterations are carried out. No fittings will be carried out on gowns that are not fully paid for by the date required.
- After the sales order contact has been signed and order placed, Marilyn Bridal will not accept any responsibility in respect of any changes which may occur in the customer size and body shape. Please note that if customers have a significant change in body shape or weight following the sales order being place, it is their responsibility to inform Marilyn Bridal as soon as possible.
- It is not policy to take in gowns by any more than one dress size (maximum 2“) as this could adversely affect the style and look of the gown. It is at customers risk if more than this is required to be taken in.
- Letting out of all gowns is also not advisable and is at the risk of the customer.
CONSULTATION AND FITTINGS
Consultations and fittings are 1 hour in length. There are usually two fitting sessions once your gown arrives instore.
The store is open to the public during usual trading hours. This means there may be others browsing in the shop during a fitting. Appointments are preferred as this will help give you 100% attention you deserve at your appointment. Please come to your fittings with your bridal underwear and shoes. We suggest no makeup or tanning creams as this may stain your dress before the wedding.
Only use professional dry cleaners specializing in bridal gowns. Some garments are made of various materials, each of which require different requirements for care.
We will take your measurements at the time of order. Every effort will be made to adjust the garment, should your body measurements fluctuate after the initial measurements are taken.
Made to order gowns and dresses may vary slightly from the original sample in colour and/or shading due to the variations in dye lots, and availability of material.
A garment left on our premises in storage after completion of sale is left at the customer’s own risk.
Terms and conditions may be changed without notice.
Customers should retain their sales contracts, and any other receipt as proof of purchase and be sure to have read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOTICE and fully understand its requirements.
Marilyn Bridal is committed to providing the highest satisfaction of the customers in completing your order and providing you with the desired gown for your wedding. If you are unsatisfied with any part of your experience, please let us know and we will do our best to reach an outcome you are satisfied with.